Day 1 - Crochet Collection

Today marks Day 1 of attempting to crochet. Although I have picked up the crochet hook before and attempted to make a blanket, this is first whole hearted attempt to make something slightly more advanced. 

Now since I have a hook and some yarn already, and I don't have the money for more supplies at the moment I think I'll start by doing some research about what I can make with the sizes I have now. I'm no expert by any means but I know that the size of the hook and yarn matters depending on what you are making.

Okay, so, one google search later and I'm realizing this may be more difficult than I thought. There are so many different types of stitches. This is insane. The only thing I think I've done before is the single stitch, and I'm not even 100% sure if that's actually what I was doing. 

I found something called a Granny Square sweater, it's supposed to be an oversize sweater with some sort of pattern (probably squares). Upon further inspection, it looks like I'll be making several small squares and connecting them together to make a sweater. I found a Youtube video tutorial that I'm going to try to be following: Crochet Granny Square Video Tutorial. Let the fun begin!

It's been over an hour now and I have started my small square over probably 10 times. I will provide the photos I took of my first, second and third tries. I do want you to keep in mind that in the tutorial video, the person is using a much thinner yarn and much smaller crochet hook than I am. This makes it much more difficult for me to be able to count the stitches and keep track of where I am.

Here is my first attempt, clearly something went wrong. It looks like one of the cats got ahold of it and just tangled the yarn into a bunch of knots.
Here is the second attempt, I got a little further this time but still no luck. Unfortunately, I pulled it apart and started yet again. This tiny square has really been getting the best of me.

Now here is my third and final attempt of the day. As you can see, I managed to persevere through about three quarters of the instructional video. It almost looks like it was supposed to until nothing made sense all over again. Looks like its back to square one tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 - Crochet Collection

Contact Information

Welcome Aboard!