Day 2 - Crochet Collection

After some well needed rest, it's time to pick up that crochet hook and try again. I've pulled out what I did yesterday and now I can start clean again. Now that I've done this over and over again, I don't think I'll be needing the instructional video quite as much as I did before. 

Okay, after about 20 minutes, I realized I went wrong somewhere again. This time instead of pulling the whole thing apart, I pulled until it looked like it was a normal square again then worked on from there. I think I'm getting the swing of things now. Crochet is repetitive and follows a nice pattern, I'm beginning to be able to catch when I make a mistake and fix it immediately instead of continuing on without noticing something until it looks like a giant pile of knots again.


And we have a partial victory everyone! After completing the video tutorial, I have decided to indeed make a blanket instead of a sweater. This blanket is still far more complex that anything else I've attempted to do, and to be honest, I am quite proud of myself just for accomplishing this tiny square. Who knew a granny square could cause so much trouble? I thought just by the name it would be super simple. After repeating the pattern over and over again though, it has become slightly easier. I am reluctant to say that, just because I don't want to jinx myself and mess the whole thing up again. 

While I continue making this granny square larger and larger until it becomes a blanket, I'll be posting  photo and video updates on my Instagram and Twitter feeds. Every once in while, I may go live too so that you can see the process first hand. Be sure to visit the About page on the blogs sidebar to find the links to my Instagram, Twitter and e-mail accounts.

Let's hope that soon we have a beautiful blanket!

I'll check in with all of you soon with the progress I've made on the Granny Square Blanket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Information

Welcome Aboard!